It may not feel like it in some parts of America, but spring is just around the corner with summer following soon after. The birds are singing, flowers are blossoming, and it’s time to schedule a heat pump tune-up. Your heat pump works hard to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Treat it right with annual maintenance from the professionals here at Southern Air. To schedule your heat pump tune-up this spring, give us a call.
Benefits of a heat pump tune-up
Not convinced? Here are just a few reasons you should schedule a heat pump tune-up this spring.
- Unlike air conditioning units, heat pumps work all year round with minimal downtime between seasons. Doing twice the work—heating and cooling—means twice the wear-and-tear. Because of this, a regular tune-up helps to ensure everything is in good working order.
- Regular tune-ups also help ensure the system is working effectively and efficiently. They also extend the lifespan of the unit, which means you can save on the cost of replacing the entire system for another few years.
- Dirty air filters can lead to the development of respiratory illnesses, particularly in seniors and children. By ensuring these are cleaned or changed routinely, you preserve your family’s health and your peace of mind.
Benefits of a professional tune-up
Many items on a professional checklist for a heat tune-up can be completed by handy men and women in the home who prefer to do things on their own. However, some things are better left to the professionals. Here are some of the benefits of hiring professionals to conduct a tune-up.
- Hiring professionals provide peace of mind in knowing that the work is being completed by trained and experienced workers.
- Work completed by licensed professionals usually include a warranty. Companies like Southern Air Heating & Cooling are also insured, ensuring that if anything goes wrong, you’re covered.
- Completing technical work on your home or allowing an unlicensed worker to do so may void certain provisions in your home insurance.
If you can’t remember the last time you scheduled a heat pump tune-up, now is the time to rectify that. Contact us to schedule maintenance work on your heat pump this spring.